"The greatest sin of our generation is that it has lost all sense of sin." - Pope Pius XII
(The Holy See - News Services - Press)
Penance, Penance, Penance!
"In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph."
|To the three
shepherd children, Lucia dos Santos age 9, and her two cousins, Jacinta,
6 and Francisco, 8 Marto in the mountain village of Fatima Portugal (1916):
* "I come from Heaven. I want you to come here at this same hour on the 13th day of each month until October. Then I will tell you who I am and what I want."
In June the Lady appeared again. Our Lady told Lucia:
* "God wishes you to remain in the world for some time because He wants to use you to establish in the world the devotion to my Immaculate Heart. I promise salvation to those who embrace it, and their souls will be loved by God as flowers placed by myself to adorn His throne."
* "The war [World War I] is going to end. But if people do not stop offending God, another and worse one will begin in the reign of Pius XI. When you shall see a night illuminated by an unknown light [January 25,1938], know that this is the great sign that God gives you that He is going to punish the world for its many crimes by means of war, hunger, and persecution of the Church and the Holy Father."
"To prevent this, I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart and the Communion of Reparation on the five first Saturdays. If my requests are granted, Russia will be converted and there will be peace. If not, she will scatter her errors throughout the world, provoking wars and persecution of the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, and various nations will be destroyed....."
"..... But in the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph, the Holy Father will consecrate Russia to me, Russia will be converted, and a certain period of peace will be granted to the world."
In 1929, Our Lady appeared again to Lucia and said:
* "The moment has come in which God asks the Holy Father, in union with all the bishops of the world, to make the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, promising to save it by this means. There are so many souls whom the Justice of God condemns for sins committed against me, that I have come to ask reparation: sacrifice yourself for this intention and pray."
* “I am the Lady of the Rosary. I have come to warn the faithful to amend their lives and to ask pardon for their sins. They must not offend Our Lord any more, for He is already too grievously offended by the sins of men. People must say the Rosary. Let them continue saying it every day.”
* “You have seen Hell, where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world the devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If people do what I tell you, many souls will be saved and there will be peace.”
* Our Lady asked the children to sacrifice themselves for sinners and to say many times, especially when making a sacrifice: “O my Jesus, I offer this for the love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for all the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary. “
* “More souls go to Hell because of the sins of the flesh than for any other reason.”
* “Certain fashions will be introduced that will offend Our Lord very much.”
* “Many marriages are not good; they do not please Our Lord and are not of God.”
* “Wars are a punishment from God for sin!”
* “The Blessed Mother can no longer restrain the hand of her Divine Son from striking the world with just punishment for its many crimes.”
* “If the government of a country leaves the Church in peace and gives liberty to our Holy Religion, it will be blessed by God.”
* “Priests must be pure, very pure. They should not busy themselves with anything except what concerns the Church and souls. The disobedience of priests to their superiors and to the Holy Father is very displeasing to Our Lord.”
* “Pray, pray a great deal, and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to Hell because they have no one to make sacrifices and pray for them.”
* “Accept and bear with submission all the sufferings the Lord will send you.”
* “Say the Rosary every day to obtain peace for the world. Add after each decade the following prayer: ‘O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of Thy Mercy.’ “
* “If my requests are not granted, Russia will scatter her errors throughout the world, provoking wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, and various nations will be destroyed!”
* “In the end My Immaculate Heart will triumph, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace!”
* “Tell everybody that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Tell them to ask graces from her, and that the Heart of Jesus wishes to be venerated together with the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Ask them to plead for peace from the Immaculate Heart of Mary, for the Lord has confided the peace of the world to her.”
The Angel of Peace
Before Our Lady appeared to the three shepherd children, an angel appeared to them on three separate occasions. When he first appeared, he said to the three children:
"Fear not, I am the Angel of Peace. Pray with me."
Kneeling on the ground, he bowed till he touched it with his forehead, and told the children to repeat three times:
"My God, I believe, I hope, I adore, and I love Thee. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee."
After this he rose and said:
"Pray like this. The Hearts of Jesus and Mary are attentive to your prayers."
The angel appeared to them again in mid-summer and said,
" - What are you doing? Pray! Pray! The Hearts of Jesus and Mary have merciful designs upon you. Offer constantly to the Almighty prayers and sacrifices ."
"But how can we accomplish this?" Lucia asked.
" - Of everything you possibly can, offer a sacrifice, to atone for the sins that offend Him and to implore the conversion of sinners. In this way you will obtain peace for your country. I am the Guardian Angel of Portugal. Above all, accept and humbly endure the sufferings the Lord sends you."
Again the angel appeared to them in the fall, this time bearing a golden chalice in one hand and a Host above it in the other. Drops of blood were falling from the Host into the chalice. The angel left the Host and chalice suspended in the air, and kneeling next to the children, told them to repeat three times:
"Oh Blessed Trinity - Father, Son, Holy Spirit - I adore Thee reverently and offer the most Precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, to atone for the insults, profanities, and indifferences which offend Him. And for the infinite merits of His Sacred Heart and of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I implore the conversion of poor sinners."
After he rose, he gave the Host to Lucia and Chalice to Jacinta and Francisco saying at the same time:
"Eat and drink the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ terribly outraged by the ingratitude of men. Offer reparation for their sins and console God."
Once more he bowed
to the ground repeating with us the same prayer three times: "Oh
Blessed Trinity... etc.
The Christ Child appeared on December 10, 1925 to Sister Lucia and said;
“Have pity on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother. It is covered with thorns which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to remove them with an act of reparation.”
Holding in her hand a heart encircled with sharp thorns, Our Lady then said to Sister Lucia:
“ My child, behold my Heart surrounded with the thorns which ungrateful men place therein at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to console me. Announce in my name that I promise to assist at the hour of death with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, go to Confession and receive Holy Communion, recite the Rosary, and keep me company for a quarter of an hour while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary, with the intention of making reparation to me.”
(NOTE: the Confession may be made under the usual condition of 8
days before or after Holy Communion, as long as a person is not in a state
of mortal sin when receiving Holy Communion.)
Make prayer a frequent habit. Count your
blessings! 'Rejoice in the Lord always!'
Take the time to thank your Heavenly Father for all your blessings,
and even your crosses. Make the commitment to wear the Brown Scapular
and pray the Rosary while meditating
on the mysteries contained in it (it only takes 12-15 minutes to say-
most easily done while driving anywhere). Say it with your family together
around your family alter.
Recall the story of how Abraham interceded for Sodom. God told him if he
found just 10 innocent people, he would have spared Sodom and Gomorrah.
Live as if you were to die tommorow.
Americans watch WAY TOO MUCH TV! Wake up you sleepers! Substitute that lazy time for something more constructive - like praying for your family and your Country! America - see how far we've fallen as the once great nation that our heroic veterans, patriots, and founding fathers died to preserve. We are a society of 'Entertain Me.' Living in a hypnotic state. Make the SUPREME sacrifice and stop getting cable TV! We did, and couldn't be happier! If your wondering where the time flies, look no farther than the tube. The TV eats up all your precious time. Rent an uplifting movie once in a while instead. Let your children watch only wholesome, uplifting, or educational videos when they have to.
Wean yourself off the daily news propaganda! Stop gossiping and listening to gossip. Stop judging, and pray for those you see are in error. Stop complaining! And always be grateful for everything. Be the perfect neighbor! Visit the sick and lonely, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, give alms to the poor. Have Masses said for all your loved ones, living and deceased.
Be a Hero for God's Little Ones!
Go out and be counted among those Few Real Heroes - who pray the Rosary in front of the many Abortion Chambers and Death Factories out there!
I've often wondered what would happen if a few people of faith got together and marched around an abortion clinic for seven days, (maybe quietly praying the Rosary) and then on the seventh day shout for all they're worth and blow horns like Joshua did in the Old Testament! Is there anyone with courage, brave (or crazy) enough to try it? Where are the great men (or women) of faith today? (Besides our Holy Father, Pope John Paul II). If you look back, History is filled with world changing events begun by the impact of a single individual's influence (for good or bad).
Amend our ways
Begin behaving like the holy people God created us to be - first by desiring to be holy. We've all heard the expression, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." It's not good intentions but the FIRE of DESIRE that speaks to God.
to love God with all the burning love of any mortal!
Go often to meet Jesus, The God of Mercy in Confession. (at least once
a month). Go often to receive Jesus, The God of Love in Holy Communion.
And be amazed at how quickly your life and attitude will change! Go to
Mass every Sunday. And keep holy the Lord's Day. Don't labor
on Sunday. Don't use profanity, Fast from idle words! Control your tongue.
Begin offering little penances, little prayers and sacrifices for sinners
(offering up our daily duties & fasting on bread and water once in
awhile in repentance for our wicked ways and indulgent lifestyles.
Little Lost Sheep...
If you've been away from the Church - Please come back! The Church has been established by God for the Salvation of His People. Call your local priest and he will be thrilled to welcome you back! Recall the words of Our Lord:
It is possible to amend our lives very quickly - by correct and most noble
desires AND LOTS OF PRAYER.
Desire Great Things
with Total Trust in
3. The Five First Saturdays Make reparation for the sins committed every moment against the Immaculate Heart of Mary - our Mother as requested by her Divine Son; Especially the Five First Saturdays devotion.
4. Consecrate yourself and your whole family to Mary's Immaculate Heart. Pray together and wear the Brown Scapular as a sign of that consecration. (e-mail us for a free Rosary and Scapular).
5. Let us follow the example of the Blessed Mother, by humbly accepting and enduring with love and patience, all the suffering the Lord sends us with complete child-like trust. Offer our sufferings to God with this little prayer:
The Sacrifice Prayer
Jesus, it is for the love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners,
Short Prayer of Consecration to the Blessed Mother
Queen, my Mother, I give myself entirely to Thee,
(Indulgence of 500 days)
~ copyright © 1999 by Seven Dolors Publishing ~
~ HOME ~