But He was pierced
Be not far from me,
I am like water
Indeed, many dogs
They look on and
All the day my enemies revile me; in their rage against me they make a curse of me.
Remain here and keep watch."
He was in such agony and he prayed
that his sweat became like drops of blood falling on the ground.
Luke 22: 44
Suffering Messiah u
uHonoring The Five Holy Wounds uThe 33 Adorations of the Cross u
uHonoring The Crown of Thorns uRosary of the Holy Wounds u
uHonoring the Drops of Blood Jesus Lost u
uOffering the Holy Wounds for the Holy Souls u
uThe Stations of the Cross & Promises uThe Seven Last Words u
uDaily Offering of Our Suffering uThe Seven Dolors Index u
uO Sacred Head Surrounded ~ Words to Hymn u
1. "At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of My Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner."
2. "Each time that you offer to My Father the merits of My Divine Wounds, you win an immense fortune."
3. "Souls that will have contemplated and honored My crown of thorns on earth, will be My crown of glory in Heaven!"
4. "I will grant all that is asked of Me through the invocation of My Holy Wounds. You will obtain everything, because it is through the merit of My Blood, which is of infinite price. With My Wounds and My Divine Heart, everything can be obtained."
5. "From My Wounds proceed fruits of sanctity. As gold purified in the crucible becomes more beautiful, so you must put your soul and those of your companions into My Sacred Wounds; there they will become perfected as gold in the furnace. You can always purify yourself in My Wounds."
6. "My Wounds will repair yours. My Wounds will cover all your faults. Those who honor them will have a true knowledge of Jesus Christ. In meditation on them, you will always find a new love. My Wounds will cover all your sins."
(These Promises were dictated by Our Lord to Sr. Mary Martha Chambon of
the Monastery of the Visitation of Chambery (1841-1907) (who died in the
odor of sanctity)
7. "Plunge your actions into My Wounds and they will be of value. All your actions, even the least, soaked in My Blood, will acquire by this alone an infinite merit and will please My Heart."
8. "In offering My Wounds for the conversion of sinners, even though the sinners are not converted, you will have the same merit before God as if they were."
9. "When you have some trouble, something to suffer, quickly place it in My Wounds, and the pain will be alleviated."
10. "This aspiration must often be repeated near the sick:
Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Your Holy Wounds!"
This prayer will solace soul and body."
Promise of Our Lord to Sr. Mary Martha Chambon:
"I will grant all that is asked of Me by the invocation of My Holy Wounds. You must spread this devotion."
11. "A sinner who will say the following prayer will obtain conversion:
"Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls."
12."There will be no death for the soul that expires in My Holy Wounds; they give true life."
13."This chaplet is a counterpoise to My Justice; it restrains My Vengeance."
14."Those who pray with humility and who meditate on My Passion, will one day participate in the glory of My Divine Wounds."
15."The more you will have contemplated My painful Wounds on this earth, the higher will be your contemplation of them glorious in Heaven."
16."The soul who during life has honored the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ and offered them to the Eternal Father for the Souls in Purgatory, will be accompanied at the moment of death by the Holy Virgin and the angels; and Our Lord on the Cross, all brilliant in glory, will receive her and crown her."
invocations of the Holy Wounds will obtain an incessant victory for the
Revelations of Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary
|"One Friday during Holy Mass, I felt a great desire to honor the sufferings of my Crucified Spouse. He told me lovingly that He desired that, every Friday, I adore Him thirty-three times upon the Cross, the throne of His mercy ... I was to offer these acts of adoration to the Eternal Father together with the sufferings of His Divine Son, to beg of Him the conversion of all hardened and faithless hearts who resist the impulse of His grace. He told me, moreover, that at the hour of death He will be favorable to those who have been faithful to this practice."|
|"These thirty-three acts of adoration of Our Lord on the Cross may be made anywhere on Fridays, and even while attending to one's ordinary work. They require no special attitude, formula or vocal prayer. A simple look of love and contrition, coming from the depths of our heart and sent up to our Crucified Lord is sufficient to express our adoration and our gratitude to Him. It is also an appeal to the Blessed Virgin to intercede with the Heavenly Father for the conversion of sinners."|
|u(Autobiography of St. Margaret Mary)|
"Behold Him whom you seek, and the condition in which He is! Look ... withdraw the thorns from My head by offering to My Father the merits of My Wounds for sinners ... Go, seek for souls!"
Crown of Thorns upon the precious head of Jesus, Sr. Mary Martha saw rays
of glory darting from each thorn.
of Jesus with Thorns
"They placed upon His sacred head a cap made of plaited thorns to serve Him as a crown. This cap was woven of thorn branches and in such a manner that many of the hard and sharp thorns would penetrate into the skull, some of them to the ears and others to the eyes. Hence on of the greatest tortures suffered by the Lord was that of the crown of thorns..."
Ven. Mary of Agreda
The Mystical City of God,
"My Crown of Thorns caused Me more suffering than all My other wounds ... It was My most intense suffering after the Garden of Olives."
(Our Lord to Sr. Mary Martha)
"The Holy Crown is for the faithful soul a source of merit ... The Crown of Thorns will merit for you a crown of glory ... A single soul performing her actions in union with the merits of My Holy Crown may gain more than many others."
(Our Lord to Sr. Mary Martha)
O Sacred Head, surrounded by crown of piercing thorn!
O Bleeding Head,
hue comes o'er thee,
Yet angel hosts
O Sacred Head Surrounded
Salve Caput Cruentatum
I see thy strength and vigor
All fading in the strife,
And death with
O agony and dying!
Jesus, all grace
In this, thy bitter Passion,
Good Shepherd, think of me
With thy most
Beneath thy cross
In thy dear love
Attributed to Bernard of Clairvaux,
Vs. 1,2: Tr. by Henry W. Baker,
Vs. 3: Arthur T. Russell, 1806-74,alt.
Using your Rosary Beads say the following on the large beads:
'Eternal Father, I offer Thee
of Our Lord Jesus Christ - to heal the wounds of our souls.'
(300 days indulgence each time)
the small beads:
'My Jesus, pardon and mercy -
Through the merits of Thy Holy Wounds.'
|Sister Mary Martha Chambon, a humble lay Sister of the Visitation Order of Chambery, France, who died in the odor of sanctity, March 21st, 1907, received these two invocations from Our Lord Himself, as she affirmed, and with them a double MISSION to adore and invoke the Sacred Wounds unceasingly and to revive this devotion in the hearts of creatures.|
Our Lord Said to her:
|"The soul who during life has honored and studied the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and has offered them to the Eternal Father for the souls in Purgatory, will be accompanied at the moment of death by the Holy Virgin and the angels; and Our Lord on the Cross all brilliant in glory will receive her and crown her."|
Our Fathers 2 Glory Be's,
"To all the faithful who shall recite for 3 years, each day 2 Paters, Glorias and Aves, in honor of the drops of blood I lost, I will concede the following 5 graces:
1. "The plenary indulgence and remittance of your sins."
2. "You will be free from the pains of Purgatory."
3. "If you should die before completing the said 3 years, for you it will be the same as if you had completed them."
4. "It will be upon your death the same as if you had shed all your blood for the Holy Faith."
"I will descend from Heaven to take your soul and that of your relatives,
until the fourth generation."
Part of a true letter of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, kept in a silver box in the Church of The Holy Sepulchre of Our Lord Jesus Christ in Jerusalem
"The Holy Wounds are the treasure
For the souls in Purgatory"
Stations of the Cross are set up in every Catholic Church. A good
time to say them is either before or after Mass, or during Eucharistic
Adoration, or anytime outside, (but especially at the 3 o'clock hour).
At each station, make the sign of the cross, bow or genuflect and say:
"We adore You, O Christ , and we praise You; because by Your Holy Cross, You have redeemed the world."
Then reflect upon
the scene in front of you. It may be helpful to use a short prayer,
(Sung to the tune of Stabat Mater)
May we feel
'My Jesus, this Cross should be mine, not Thine; my sins crucified Thee.'
Now the Cross
'O Jesus! by this first fall, never let me fall into mortal sin.
cursed, and fallen,
'O Jesus! may no human tie, however dear, keep me from following the road of the Cross. Sorrowful, and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for us!'
'Simon unwillingly assisted Thee; may I with patience suffer all for Thee.'
'O Jesus! Thou didst imprint Thy Sacred Features upon Veronica's veil; stamp them also indelibly upon my heart.'
Brave but trembling
The Stations - or Way of the Cross, is a form of prayer which allows us to accompany Jesus as He carried His Cross for us to Calvary. In it, we are drawn to meditate upon His experiences and sufferings, and ultimately to witness with our hearts, His agony and bitter death. By repeated practice, we may effect in our hearts, a new and deeper love and compassion for our Savior and Lord. At the same time develope a tender pity towards His Sorrowful Mother who witnessed with the greatest of horrors and sadness, her dear Son's cruel tortures and death.
To gain a plenary indulgence one needs to have the intention of doing so,
be in a state of grace; not being conscious of any serious sin. Have gone
to confession within several days before or after. And have said
one Our Father and one Hail Mary for the Holy Father's intentions and the
needs of the Holy Church. You may offer your plenary indulgence for
the holy souls suffering in purgatory for a far greater benefit as an act
The 14 PROMISES
to Brother Estanislao (1903-1927), made by Our Lord to those devoted to the Way of The Cross:
1. "I'll grant everything that's asked of Me with Faith, when making The Way of the Cross."
2. "I promise Eternal Life to those who pray from time to time, The Way of the Cross."
3. "I'll follow them everywhere in life and I'll help them, especially at the hour of death."
4. "Even if they have more sins than blades of grass in the fields, and grains of sand in the sea, all of them will be erased by The Way of the Cross."
*This does not eliminate by any means the need to go to confession
5. "Those who pray The Way of The Cross often, will have a special glory in Heaven."
6. "I'll deliver them from Purgatory, indeed if they go there at all, the first Tuesday or Friday after their death."
7. "I'll bless them at each Way of The Cross, and My blessing will follow them everywhere on earth and after their death, in Heaven for all Eternity."
8. "At the hour of death I won't permit the devil to tempt them; I'll lift all power from him in order that they'll repose tranquilly in My Arms."
9. "If they pray it with true love, I'll make of each one of them a living Ciborium in which it will please Me to pour My grace."
10. "I'll fix My Eyes on those who pray The Way of The Cross often; My hands will always be open to protect them."
11. "As I am nailed to the Cross, so also will I always be with those who honor Me in making The Way of The Cross frequently."
12. "They'll never be able to separate themselves from Me, for I'll give them the grace never again to commit a Mortal sin."
13. "At the hour of death I'll console them with My Presence and we'll go together to Heaven. Death will be sweet to all those who have honored Me during their lives by praying The Way of the Cross."
"My Soul will be a protective shield for them, and will always help them,
whenever they have recourse."
The Seventh Station
Jesus Falls a Second Time
'By Thy second fall, preserve me, dear Lord, from relapse into sin.'
the dust He crumbled,
'My greatest consolation would be to hear Thee say: "Many sins are forgiven thee, because thou hast loved much."
May our sympathy
'O Jesus! when weary upon life's long journey, be Thou my strength and my perseverance.'
'My soul has been robbed of its robe of innocence; clothe me, dear Jesus, with the garb of penance and contrition.'
Thou didst forgive Thy enemies; my God, teach me to FORGIVE injuries and FORGET them.'
hands that blessed and cured us,
Thou art dying, my Jesus, but Thy Sacred Heart still throbs with love for Thy sinful children.'
'Receive me into thy arms, O Sorrowful Mother; and obtain for me perfect contrition for my sins.
'When I receive
Thee into my heart in Holy Communion, O Jesus, make it a fit abiding place
for Thy adorable Body.
your gift accepted,
be our lover
forgive them for they know not what they do." (Luke 23-34)
u2. "Amen I say to thee, this day thou shalt be with me in paradise." (Luke 23-34)
behold thy son. Behold thy mother."
God my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
u5. "I thirst." (John 19:28)
u6. "It is consummated!" (John 19:30)
into thy hands I commend my spirit."
Christ, Have Mercy on us!
|Lord Jesus Christ, Have Mercy on us!|
~ HOME ~
since March 5, 1999